We have tried a lot of soft shell taco varieties in the last couple of months. We tried them with corn, beans, ground beef, chicken you name it. All I can say, this dish is a real winner. It is fresh, spicy and a great spring/summer recipe.
Soft shell taco’s – 4 personsCourse: MainCuisine: Mexican, AmericanDifficulty: Easy
chicken filet 500 gram
3 big tomatoes
8 soft taco shells (prefer corn based)
1 green bell pepper
1 white onion
2 tablespoons paprika powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chiliflakes
1 tablepoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Time to make the salsa first. Remove the meat and seeds from the tomato and cut the skin in small squares. Cut the Jalapeno in small squares and if you want, you can remove the seeds. Peel the skin of the avocado’s cut in half and remove the seed, cut them in small and thin pieces. Chop the coriander leaves, don’t use the stem. Add it all together and add a tablespoon olive oil, juice of half a squeezed lemon, pinch of salt and pepper. Mix in together with your (washed) hands.
- Cut the chicken in thin long pieces. Season them in a bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper, 2 tablespoons paprika powder, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 tablespoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon chili flakes, 1 teaspoon garlic powder. If you like to spice it up a bit more use some drops of tabasco!
- Start frying the soft shell taco’s on med-hot fire 1 minute each side. Cut the onion in rings and the bell pepper in thin slices, fry them separately and put them in separate bowls. Put the crème fraiche in some nice sauce bowls.
- Fry the chicken and taste a piece when it is cooked. If it needs more seasoning, now is the time to add it. Squeeze some lemon juice over it when serving it in a bowl. You are ready to fold and eat some very delicious soft shell taco’s.
- Compliment this dish with a:
– Cold corona and a lemon slice
– Moscow mule