The temperature is hot and you gained a few pounds from your holiday (like me and my wife did). Time to think of healthy recipes and light meals, that also have great flavors.
My wife loves fish and we do have a good fish market around the corner, so I had to think of something with fish. Salmon is a no brainer for me, you can wake me up at night for salmon fried on the skin. In this combination with spicy rice, broccoli, cashew, lemon juice and coriander all those fresh and spicy flavors just hit the spot.
Guess what, it was a big hit at home. I hope you guys like it!
Salmon with spicy rice – 2 personsCourse: MainCuisine: ChezDaveDifficulty: Medium
2 salmon staeks on the skin
1 cup of basmati rice
1 small broccoli
1 winter carrot
1 white onion
1 red Spanish pepper
1 small piece of ginger
100 grams unsalted cashew nuts
- Put 2 cups of water in the cooking pan, wait until the water cooks and add 1 cup of rice. Cut the broccoli in small stump and cook them 10 minutes.
- Cut the onion, carrot and red pepper in small dices, chop the ginger. When the rice is cooked dry start frying the veggie mix for 3 minutes on med-high fire in sunflower oil.
- Fry the broccoli separately for 3 minutes on med-high fire and serve in a bowl. Put salt over the salmon and start frying the salmon med-high 2 minutes on the skin, 2 minutes on top and then 2 minutes on the skin again med fire in sunflower oil.
- Add the rice to the veggie mix and fry it for 2 more minutes on med fire. Serve the rice in a serving ring and garnish with cashew and chopped coriander. Put the salmon next to it squeeze a lemon over the rice and salmon.
- – Compliment this dish with a cold chardonnay!
– No alcohol? Serve cold water with pieces of lemon in it.