It has been almost a year already since we visited Bali (Indonesia). What a great trip that was, although I must say that the island was damaged by mass tourism. I have always liked bami goreng, but eating it in Bali changed my perspective on it. I had it in the morning, as lunch and as a side dish during dinner. This recipe is a main course dinner recipe. Its a great weekday meal and very nutricious. I really hope you enjoy my recipe for bami goreng.
Bami goreng – 4 personsCourse: MainCuisine: IndonesianDifficulty: Easy
300 gram chicken filet in small cubes
100 gram of bacon stripes
250 gram egg noodles
1 big onion
1 red (Spanish) pepper
1 white cabbage
1 red bell pepper
1 piece of ginger
3 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon ketjap asin
3 tablespoons ketjap manis
1 teaspoon tamarinde paste
1 teaspoon kurkuma powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon laos
1 teaspoon cilantro powder
1 egg per person
handful of cashew nuts
- First step of preparation cutting all ingredients. Chop the cabbage, dice the red bell and chop the leek. Chop the bacon strips.
- Second step make bumbu, a.k.a spice paste, a.k.a seasoning. Put the following ingredients in the blender bowl. Onion, half of the spanish red pepper, all the spices, garlic gloves and the ginger. Blend it up, until you have a nice smooth bumbu paste.
- Third step, boil the water and cook the noodles based on the information on the packaging. Always taste if they are ready before putting them in the strainer. During that proces, fry on med-high heat the bacon almost crisp. Take them out on a place and cook the chicken gold brown in the bacon grease, now take them out on the plate too.
- Start frying the bumbu in the bacon grease on med-high heat and after 2 minutes add the bell pepper en the leek, after 2 minutes add the chicken and the bacon, after 1 minute add the cabbage, 1 minute more add the noodles. Really mix it up.
- Put the frying pan on low heat and take a small frying pan out to fry 1 egg per person.
- Time to serve! Garnish with cashew nuts, the fried egg and chopped chili.
- – Serve with krupuk
- – Serve with sweet and sour salad. (Basicly this: sliced cucumber, chopped chili no seeds, sliced onion, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 6 tablespoons of vinigar)